Thursday, December 4, 2014

Serial

Are you listening to this podcast? If no, you should. I will first start out by saying I had to ask my 23 year old coworker “How do you listen to a podcast?” he laughed and said “Lucky for you there is a little purple app already loaded onto your phone called “Podcast,” click on it, search by name, download, listen.” Who knew? Answer: Probably everyone, but me. Either way, it is great, makes me feel smarter than watching TV. There are currently 10 episodes and since Monday I have listened to 6 of them…binge listening. The premise: an investigation into a 1999 Baltimore murder told by Sarah Koenig (who I am told is popular for another podcast called This American Life), it includes her talking, recordings of her conversations with people involved, her reading court documents and police notes, recordings of the court proceedings and more. It should be listened to in order and each episode is about 45 minutes long. I would definitely recommend if you have a long commute and are already sick of Christmas songs and all the advertisements on the radio to start listening!

Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment