Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Nextdoor.com

Part 2 of Won't you be my neighbor post from last week....have you heard of Nextdoor.com?

It is a social media website designed to get neighbors connected, I had heard of it about 6 months ago and recieved a postcard in the mail about 3 weeks ago inviting me to join from a neighbor (every house in hood received one) so I joined.

It is basically Facebook for neighbors but without the pictures of what you are eating, contant updates on where you are and what you are doing and game requests...you have a profile that tells people about you (and your family), you can choose items of interest (cooking, church, sports, reading), services/skills you could offer to neighbors (tutoring, lawn service), how long you have lived there, what you like about your neighborhood. You can create posts to sell items, alert neighbors of things going on.

I posted a week ago asking if people were interested in social events and have received 5 responses so I think after the new  year I will reach out to those who responded and get something planned.

I will update once I have something to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment