Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wisdom Teeth


I had my wisdom teeth removed (all 4) on Friday the 12th, with every intention of going back to work on Monday morning, I had my brother, mom and sister coming over the weekend to help take care of me and Sawyer, it was going to be a nice relaxing weekend…NOT AT ALL.

 After surgery, I came home, ate a frosty, slept a little. Pain was minor and just mainly uncomfortable because of all the gauze. Saturday I woke up, went to a garage sale up the street, ran an errand and just relaxed around the house, I was slightly uncomfortable but pain was not too bad, I continued to take the meds and ate my soft foods. Sunday my cheek was beginning to swell and bruise and be a bit more painful, I napped in the early afternoon and then we took Sawyer to the pool. By midafternoon I was in a lot of pain, my cheek was now very hard and the size of a golf ball, by Monday the pain was unbearable and my face was the size of a baseball. I consider myself to have a very high pain tolerance and Sunday night/Monday morning I was delirious with pain/fever. I saw the doctor Monday morning and was told I had an infection; I was given another type of antibiotics and better pain meds. I stayed home Monday and my mom took care of me, I was able to nap and finally by late afternoon/evening feel some relief in pain. I stayed home on Tuesday also, this time I was by myself, I spent most of the day fighting of nausea which I finally lost the battle too around 2;30pm when I got sick in the sink (imagine a cartoon character projectile vomit) it was awful!

 
I went back to work on Wednesday and was not ready, I could barely keep myself awake at my desk and was in pain all day, luckily my brother and his roommate met me at home after work and took care of sawyer so I could rest. I “napped” from 5-7, when they left, did some light cleaning, ate dinner, said hi to mark (he got home from work at 830ish) and was back in ben around 930, he manned sawyer and I slept until 6am. I am still in a lot of pain, my face is still swollen and bruised but it is definitely getting better. I hope to be back to normal by next week….on a lighter note, I can almost fit into some of my pre prego clothes I had not been able to before, the liquid diet is really working.

No comments:

Post a Comment