Sunday, February 10, 2013

13 IS a LUCKY number!

On February 10, 2000, Mark and I had our first date and our first kiss and the rest is history! Today we celebrate 13 years together, being 30 that means we have spent about 40% of our lives together. It has been just the two of us for so long, he is my best friend, my soulmate, my better half....I could go on and on.

As we get closer and closer to baby Kelly's arrival, one thing that I am really worried about is our relationship changing.  I know that having a baby will change the dynamic around here, but I want to make sure that we don't loose site of each other through all the madness and that we take make time for us.

We have watched a lot of our friends get married and have kids, some of their relationships have stayed strong/gotten stronger and others have not (sometimes I am not sure if the couple even sees it, but from the outside there is a difference). We have talked about the things we have seen and have discussed what our roles will be like in the coming months with our little one coming but there is no amount of conversation that will prepare us for whats to come.

All I can hope for is that we can learn together and work together and make the best out of what will probably be the hardest year of our lives to date.

I cannot imagine taking this journey with anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment