Monday, January 14, 2013

Don't ask. Don't tell.

Dear anyone who is listening-

I always heard that when you are pregnant everyone and their mom will offer their thoughts, ideas and opinions about anything and everything pregnancy and baby related....its true. What these people don't realize is that just because you have a child does not mean you are an expert or that I want to know what you think.

If you know me in real life, then you know I am opinionated (is this an understatement?). The difference between me and other people is that I have learned when to offer my opinion and when to keep my mouth shut.  I understand the value of other's opinions and have been asking a lot of questions throughout my pregnancy and really appreciate everyone who has provided me with their ideas and advice.

The moral of the story: if I don't ask your opinion, PLEASE keep it to yourself.

Thank you!
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. I hope I haven't broken this rule with you. I try to only be helpful when you ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not you, I appreciate your honest answers to all my questions

      Delete
  2. does this mean I should stop sending you special mail? :( I hope not... musie

    ReplyDelete