Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shock and Awe 8.20.2012

Yesterday Mark and I found out we are pregnant! Wow. I stopped taking birth control in March and we have been using other forms of protection since. July was the first month we have thrown caution to the wind and said “let’s chance it!”

I wanted to give my body a break before “trying”, after being on the pill for 12 years, I didn’t know what to expect. Since being off the pill my period has surprised me each month (probably right on time) but since I did not have a little blue pill to take in the morning it was hard for me to remember when it should come. I got a little nauseous on Saturday morning while standing in line at security before my flight home. On Sunday I got up and went to the grocery store and while perusing the store I had to run to the rest room because I was sick. After that I tried to remember when my period was supposed to come, had I missed it? I thought I was supposed to get it the following Thursday the 23rd so when I walked through the aisle of pregnancy tests I picked one that reported “can tell you 5 days before your missed period”. I came home, unloaded the groceries, dusted and vacuumed by room, cleaned our bathroom and organized our bathroom drawers. When I was done I decided to take a test…it was positive, I took another one…it was positive.

I sat on the floor of my bathroom and thought of all the “un-pregnant” things I had done in the last month...then I cried a little. In the last month I had drank more days that not, holy shit! I am pretty sure I had eaten sushi, taken a bite of swordfish, and definitely eaten caesar salad. Ah on Saturday on the way home from the airport, I stopped at and got a sub from Subway and my meat was not steamed, am I the worst person ever?

I pulled myself together, relaxed for the remainder of the afternoon and waited for mark to get home from work; it was the longest 5 hours in a long time! When he came home I wasted no time in telling him, needless to saw it was “shock and awe!” I think we were both surprised that it happened so fast and scared that it was finally here. We have been talking about having a baby and were getting used to the idea of “trying” in the next few months but here we were just one month into it and we are pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment