Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Friendship is a two way street."

As we get older, friendships evolve/change. I am ok with my friendships changing, I get it. We are all busy with work, signifcant others, hobbies, kids, etc. I like to use my ride to and from work as my phone a friend time, I have 30 minutes each way to talk and catch up, I am not asking for all 30 minutes but a quick hello and catch up every now and again is nice and keeps me in the loop. When I get home from work, the last think I want to do is chat on the phone, I have been on it all day and now I am home, I need to be working out, cooking dinner, hanging with the pups, or just watching uninterrupted dvr.

I have seen what happens when I don't make the effort and make the calls: nothing. Or I make the calls, leave the message and get no response. I cannot keep putting in 100% and getting 10% in return.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. I know we already had this talk at your house the other day and I am sometimes the worst at this but I'll try harder! Can you believe we have been friends for over 15 years. I love that we can't talk for a couple of months and then pick up right where we left off! A sign of a true friendship!! xo

    ReplyDelete