Monday, May 28, 2012

Hair

In January, I cut 12 inches off my hair in search of the perfect cut. I was not 100% in love with the original cut but after a few weeks, I figured out how to style it and started to like it.  I also got a lot of compliments, which helped.  I went back to the same guy for a second cut in March and again was not in love but after a few weeks, when it grew out a little, it looked ok.

I was not convinced about this guy or the cut.  This was my first experience getting my haircut at a salon (I usually go to Great Clips) but since I was getting so much cut and I was looking for a style, I thought I would splurge.  I wanted to bring a picture of what I want and I expected the professional to tell me how what I want and what I am going to get are different, advise me on how to style my new do, offer their opinion about styles that would work and why, and lastly, I expected to get somewhat close to the picture. None of that really happened. Since I had never had the salon experience, I decided I expected to much.

I knew come May, another haircut would be in order, so I began searching for the next style and stylist. My sister recommended the salon, Dolce Lusso in Stonecrest, she has gone twice and the Juno stylist rate is $38.00. Last Friday about 1:00pm, I decided it was time and called the salon and they had one opening that night at 7:00pm with Christine.

The picture below is a friend whose style I loved. Christine told me about the differences between Brooke's hair and mine-texture, weight, thickness, etc. she advised me that because of those differences that it would not look exactly like that but we could get close.  My current style was shorter in the front and longer in the back with a lot of layers. The new style is shorter in the back and longer in the front and no layers. She advised me that it would take a few months and a few cuts to get there but we could do it. She worked with me and told me about products and how to use them (without being pushy) and walked me through the blow out process and made suggestions on a round brush to buy.

This was the salon experience I was looking for, and by far the BEST haircut I have ever had. Its shorter than I have ever had it and that was a little scary at first but in the end, I love it.



Please ignore the close up self portrait,  do realize my face looks HUGE, no one else was around when I need to take picture, so here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment