Friday, March 23, 2012

An update on "The List"

We are almost through the first quarter of the new year, so I thought I would see where I stand with "The List". May and my 30th birthday will be here before I know it

  1. Dress for my body type- See previous blog post about having my closet organized and using a stylist, I enjoyed my sessions and learned a lot about thing to look for an things to avoid. I would consider this one complete
  2. Get a hair style- Not sure where I stand on this one. In January, I used a groupon to get my hair cut at a real salon, I chopped off what seemed like a foot of hair and got bangs, a few weeks later I dyed it red, so I would say this one is complete...until today. I went back for a second haircut, 7 weeks later, which is a record for me, I think I have gone a whole year before without a haircut (whoops). Today, I learned I need to be more assertive at the salon, I also need to find someone who knows what to do instead of asking me, since I clearly have no idea. I know have a do that I am not sure what to do with...currently its in a teeny tiny bun with a bobby pin holding my bangs back, so now I think I would consider this a fail.
  3. Lose 30 pounds- Proud to say this one is coming along nicely. I have dropped 10 pounds (and 2 sizes) since December and hoping to continue at that pace (if you have known me a while, you know I have been up and down for as long as I can remember, gaining has never a problem but losing has always gone very slow for me and the metabolic syndrome has not been any help, but I think I have finally found the right way for me) I have been slack with my excersise this month, during the move but I am ready to get back to the gym and continue the weightloss.
  4. Learn about mother/parenthood- I am still thinking about buying a book on this one...any suggestions?
  5. Learn to like gardening- We have full sod and some nice bushes and a tree, I have helped with watering but havent gotten my hands dirty yet.
  6. Home décor/organization- This is a work in progress since we just moved, I will be doing a lot of blogging about the house and the decor, etc once it starts coming together.
  7. Keep my house clean- My empty house is very clean :) My new house....well...haha. Does anyone else let there house go to the wayside during the week and just work on it over the weekend?
  8. Stay up until 11 and not be tired in the morning- I am starting a new work schedule on April 2nd, I will work Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri from 7am-510pm and have every Thur off. I am going to really focus on staying up until 11pm and waking up at 650am (1 hour earlier than usual). Luckily only the first week I will be without coffee (I gave it up for lent)...wish me luck
  9. Ride my bike- It is still parked in my parents garage. Mark and I are thinking of purchasing a home excersise bike, any suggestions on brands? models?
  10. Have patience- Was this one a joke when I wrote it?
  11. Cook- I am proud to say Mark and I did really well Jan and Feb, with the move March has been kind of slack (wow I use moving as an excuse a lot) but I bought a groupon for 52 weeks of meal planning and will begin that on April 1st, hopefully we will be back on track soon.
  12. Coupon- That reminds me, I need to order the Wed and Sun newspaper
  13. Bake- We made cake pops...they are not as easy as the look
  14. Menu plan- See #11
  15. Grammer- I must have been on a roll the night I wrote this...joke #2
  16. Stop swearing- WTF?!
  17. Minimize road rage- hahahahaha
  18. Wake up without being sleepy- I am starting to think I am crazy starting a new work schedule that requires I wake up an hour earlier than I am used to
  19. Be crafty...do more DIY projects- Not yet but I sure so pin a lot on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment