Sunday, January 22, 2012

How I wish I dressed...

The top item on my "List" (which is in no particular order) is:

  1. Dress for my body type
I just completed the second half of my closet organization/style sessions with Kim, owner and fashion consultant from The Style Files http://thestylefiles.onsugar.com/

We completed the first session on December 4, 2011.  Kim gave me some style tips and we looked through my closet and made a few outfits and a shopping list of items I can focus on,

Style Tips:
-Raised waistlines
-Tunics with a belt or statement necklace
-Pants with back packets
-Boot cut jeans
-Tailored jackets that hit just below the waistline
-Mix up fabrics but stay with same colors to elongate
-A-line, fuller skirts: try pattern/brighter full skirts and solid darker tops
-Wrap tops, v-necks
-A-line dresses
-Light fabrics- silk, cotton, etc.
-Create slimming effect with belt or gathered waistline
-Chunky shoes- help create balance and slimming effect
-Nude shoes- elongate legs/body

Shopping List:
-Vest
-Chunky necklaces
-Skinny belts
-Three quarter shirts and dresses
-Scarf’s (for color and texture)
-Fuller skirts, prints with solid tops
-Long shirts and tanks (include v-neck)
-Nude flats
-Blouses
-Sweater dresses
-Champagne/nude tanks

Since our first session, I have been kept an eye out for items that fit into the categories and have picked a few things up along the way. I have also focused on my outfits and tried following the tips.

Today’s session we went shopping to find some items to complete my closet.  We went to the new Burlington Coat Factory and TJ Maxx (
South Blvd.
at Woodlawn).

Today’s trip was a great success. I was able to get pick up 10 new pieces that will open up a lot of opportunities in my wardrobe. Best of all…all but two pieces were on sale!

Check out my great finds below (the photo quality is not great):









No comments:

Post a Comment