Saturday, August 27, 2011

Breakfast smoothie

1/2 cup water
1 spoonful sugar
2 cups crushed ice
1/4 cup milk
1 cup sliced up strawberries
Add all ingredients into blender and puree until its your desired texture

The recipe needs some tweaking: more milk? less strawberries? add lemon juice? I am not exactly sure what it needs but I will play around with it until I get it just right.

This quick and easy breakfast idea came from my bff Meredith. I visited her last weekened and on Sunday morning she offered to make smoothies for breakfast. I declined, she was making peanut butter and bananas (I hate bananas) but the idea is still great.

After my smoothie I plan to take the pups for a nice, long walk and enjoy the cooler weather and wind that is blowing outside.

Hope everyone stays out of Irene's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment